5.3 Multiple Display Canvases

I’ve recently downloaded 5.3 release and started working on a project that includes the multi-display functionality. So I have a canvas on each display. One pointing to display 1, and another pointing to display 2 in the editor. Both contain a scrollable list of text. Very basic setup with just the defaults, no custom functionality.

I wrote this quick script to build out and test the multi-display functionality:

using UnityEngine;

public class DualMonitors : MonoBehaviour
    {
        private void Awake()
        {
            if(Display.displays.Length > 1)
            {
                Display.displays[0].SetRenderingResolution(1920, 1080);
                Display.displays[1].Activate();
                Display.displays[1].SetRenderingResolution(1680, 1050);
            }
        }
    }

The resolutions I added in for further testing, but I get the same problem if I don’t include them.

My issue is that the primary monitor works fine, in the sense that when I go to scroll through my list, it works. But even if the mouse is on the second display it still is manipulating the list on the primary display. I’m trying to figure out how to make this work and any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS
I have also been running my builds from the command line with the -multidisplay argument. If this is not required or someone knows an easier way, that would also be very much appreciated. :smiley:

I create a windows batch file to run my game with -multidisplay flag, lol

@Echo Off

Start "" "YOUR_GAME_LOCATION\YourGame.exe" -multidisplay

EXIT