This is probably more of a question of if something can be done, not necessarily how to do it. I’ve animated gameobjects before directly in Unity with no issues, however when trying to animate my current gameobject (a boss character) Unity will slow down to an unusable speed, and my computer will show between 50 - 95% CPU usage.) Bear in mind, this is in the editor, not in playtesting. Essentially, once I open the animation window on the character, it will take about two minutes before I can select a portion of the armature, another two minutes before I’m able to insert a keyframe, then another two minutes (all estimates, btw) before I can pose that item, give another two minutes to select another part, (a leg, for example) and repeat the process. Have never experienced that with animating anything else in Unity. A couple of things:
- The character was created in MakeHuman
- The character clothes were rigged in Blender
- The armature was added in Blender
- The character has a TON of different parts, some of which I’ve deleted since they’re under clothes and will never be visible
- My CPU is an older quad core Acer desktop with 4GB of RAM. Older, but has never been backbreaking. Still, I recognize that this MIGHT be my issue.
Thought I’d throw this out to the community in case others have experienced this and have found a fix that doesn’t include purchasing the latest hardware. Thanks, and God bless.