Welcome to the Muse community group on Unity Discussions.
Click each of the drop-downs to learn more.
What is this group for?
This space is for you to connect and collaborate with other Muse users, and learn about the latest Muse news and enhancements. You can post topics on Unity Discussions to share your creations, find tips and tricks, and learn together about Muse’s many features.
Here are some ways to engage with the Muse community:
- Share your work (but please make sure it complies with your company’s policies and is not proprietary)
- Ask for help if you are stuck or confused
- Post a clever workaround for an issue that you think may help others
Please help us maintain a welcoming and safe space for all who participate here by following our Code of Conduct.
How to provide feedback to the AI team
Share any feedback and report any bugs you encounter to our Service desk, and please provide context and/or examples.
What is Muse?
Unity Muse is an ever-expanding suite of AI-powered capabilities that can simplify and accelerate your learning and all aspects of game and real-time 3D development.
Your Muse subscription gives you access to everything Muse has to offer.
There are currently three Muse capabilities available: Chat, Sprite, and Texture. Click the drop-down for each to learn more.
How do I get started?
Subscribe and get started here.
What does Chat do?
Chat is a generative AI assistant, based on large language models (LLM), that intelligently responds to your text prompts to accelerate learning, troubleshooting, and project work. Unlike more generic LLMs, Chat is purpose-built to excel in a single subject area: Unity. Specifically, Chat has a unique understanding of over a decade’s worth of Unity documentation and learning materials, and new user-centered information and best practices are added regularly. Chat helps you overcome everyday challenges with your Unity projects – from the most routine to the most complex. In seconds, Chat can provide well-structured answers and instructions, and even project-ready code.
What are some example prompts and use cases for Chat?
- “Optimize this: [add your code snippet here]”
- “2D Generate a trigger that turns off the GameObject if it has a Rigidbody”
- “1. Make me a header attribute that’s blue and centered, 2. Add a dark gray background, 3. Add an image from resources called LogoImage, left-justified”
- “Serialize a transform into a string using JSON in a function named EncodeTransform and deserialize in a function called DecodeTransform”
- “Generate a lesson plan about HLSL and then tutor me in it, giving me code examples that I can try”
What are some best practices to generate the best answers?
Muse only understands the context you give it, so be precise about what you would like to know or have it generate. Your prompt does not need to make grammatical sense, so feel free to add prefixes, numerical lists to indicate order, or additional clarifying words at the beginning of a prompt. Consult our prompt guide in the Muse menu for pointers on writing effective queries.
What does Texture do?
Texture gives Unity creators an easy way to generate PBR-enabled textures that can be seamlessly brought into a Unity scene. Generating textures is as easy as typing a natural-language prompt with just a few words and clicking Generate. You can use different variations, reference images, and in-painting features to further iterate your generated assets until you are satisfied with the results. Additionally, the Style Trainer tool provides a way to specifically generate textures that match the style of your game.
What are some sample prompts that I can use?
- “aged wood planks”
- “purple bricks”
- “cracked concrete”
- “beach sand”
- “blue andalusian ceramic”
What are some sample textures that can be generated?
What does Sprite do?
Sprite gives you a fun way to generate Sprite assets directly in the Unity Editor and seamlessly integrate them into your scenes. All you have to do is type a natural-language text prompt and click Generate. For more precise asset generation, you can use doodles and reference images as guides as well as engaging the state-of-the-art background removal. For advanced creators with a well-developed art style, the Style Trainer tool provides a professional workflow for producing style-consistent Sprite assets that stay true to a project’s creative direction.
What are some sample prompts that I can use?
- “baseball cap”
What are some sample sprites that can be generated?
If you are a Muse subscriber, you can access under-development capabilities called “Muse Pre-releases.”
To learn more, go to the Muse Explore page.
We have set up the following guidelines:
- Terms of Service: Please ensure that your use of this forum and Unity Muse are in keeping with the Unity Terms of Service.
- AI and ethical guidelines: Always refer to our guiding principles for ethical AI when creating. We live by three main principles: More creators by design, responsibility by design, and privacy and security by design.
Frequently asked questions
Visit the AI FAQ page and learn more about how Muse works in our blog post Responsible AI and enhanced model training at Unity.
Thank you and happy musing. / The Muse team