Just starting unity and not connecting what I see so needed to ask this. Really simple example.
- Create empty game object.
- Attach sphere as child to empty game object
- Move cube somewhere away from the game object which is still set at 0,0,0
- Click on sphere and rotate in local. Rotation works great.
- Click on “Pivot” expecting the pivot to jump back to 0,0,0 (the location of the empty game object) but the rotation axis surround the sphere just like it was still in global
With a sphere and a cube
- Create empty G.O.
- Attatch sphere and cube to G.O.
- Move objects away
- With empty G.O. selected, set it to pivot and it seems like a point in space is the average position between the sphere and cube. What is happening here?