About the Virtual Reality (Fully Immersive) Apps category

Port an existing virtual reality game or create a new fully immersive experience, replacing the player’s surroundings with your own environments.

Please share your thoughts and discussions regarding our virtual reality app development solutions for visionOS here.

For more information please visit our pinned post.

1 Like

Hey all! I’m pretty excited for this new plugin to develop for Apple Vision Pro and I’m planning to start soon experimenting with it. I’m reading the documentation and I have a question just to start. I’ve read that there are many limitations in the features we can use when developing for Vision Pro because Unity uses RealityKit behind the curtains. I’m referring in particular to the list that can be found on this page Supported Unity Features & Components | PolySpatial visionOS | 0.6.2

My question is: are these limitations present also for the fully immersive VR apps? So if I want to do a VR app, can I use skyboxes and Cameras or not, for instance? Because these features appear as not supported, but they are fundamental to smoothly port a VR app from the Quest to the Vision Pro.

Please let me know, thank you!

From my experience there are not many limitations when doing full VR apps. skyboxes are working for me in the simulator