Access a clone of an instantiated object - how?

I am trying to access the object I instantiate - basically I fire an arrow, it instantiates the arrow, then I want to access that arrow. How can I get access to it? Seems like such a basic question, but I just cant wrap my head around it. I can access the original prefab arrow that the script is on, but not the instantiated one. Any suggestions?

Here is my code for reference in case you want it:

public void OnTriggerEnter(Collider otherObject)
		{
			Debug.Log("Your arrow has hit" + otherObject.name);

if(otherObject.gameObject.name == "Terrain")
				{
					hasHit = true;
					//Access the instantiated arrow here and stop it from moving ie make it kinematic.
				}

}

There are various ways of accessing instances of an object. To keep the answer concise, I’ll make the following assumption: The code snippet in your question is part of a script attached to the arrow Prefab.

If this is the case, it is important to remember that the code will run on the instance of the arrow involved in the collision, not the original arrow prefab. So when you reference any local field within the code, you are referencing the instance.

Some commented code…

public void OnTriggerEnter(Collider otherObject)
{
  // The 'name' field is the instance name, not the name of the original
  // prefab.  It will be something like 'Arrow (clone)' unless you
  // manually renamed your instance when you created it.
  Debug.Log(name + " arrow has hit " + otherObject.name);

if(otherObject.gameObject.name == "Terrain")
   {
       hasHit = true;  // This sets the 'hasHit' field for the instance.
       rigidbody.isKinematic = false; // 'rigidbody' refers to the instance.
       // The 'transform' and 'gameObject' fields are also for the instance,
       // not the original.
   }
}

If you need to access the instance immediately after creation, you can do so by assigning it to a reference. For example:

GameObject arrow = (GameObject)Instantiate(myArrowPrefab);
arrow.name = "Bob the arrow";  // Set the instance name.
// Make other adjustments to the 'arrow' instance.

Hope this helps.

If you want to access it by name, it has an additional space, followed by (Clone) appended to the end of the name. Alternatively, when you instantiate the game object, you are given a reference to that object through Instantiate’s return value. You can store it there and re-use it later.

Assuming the code you posted is on the arrow though, this should only be triggering on the particular arrow hitting the terrain. If it is, then by referencing the object itself, you should be referencing the thing hitting the terrain, so you can just stop the game object your script is attached to from moving.

If it’s not on the arrow, I’m not quite sure I understand your control flow; more detail about how you envision this working might be useful.

ma come faccio a creare il mio gioco io ho scaricato unity e mi sono anche escritto ma adesso cerco e cerco continuamente ma non trovo propio niente per favore mi potete aiutare?!