Access information about trigger in onTriggerEnter

I’m very new to Unity and I’m trying to create a script that will allow a player to jump through the bottom of a platform and land on top, efficiently. I have a script that should work without errors, but the only piece missing is the most important part. Here’s what I have:

function OnCollisionEnter(other : Collision)
{

var cc : GameObject = GameObject.Find("Player");

if (cc.GetComponent(CharacterMotor).movement.velocity.y > 0.0)
	{
		//other.collider.isTrigger = true;
	}

}
function OnTriggerExit(other : Collider)
{

//other.collider.isTrigger = false;

}

The commented lines are all I’m missing. I need the object I’m colliding with to switch between isTrigger = true/false respectively, but in the functions, other is the object colliding, which in this case is the player, and that doesn’t help me. How do I access the isTrigger parameter of the platform, preferably without using tags, for loops, etc. I only want to check the platform I’m currently colliding with.

All you have to do is access the collider on the platform, just as you would access it on the other.collider.

collider.isTrigger = true;

I’m not convinced that this should work without error… But to answer your question:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Collision.html

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Collider.html

function OnCollisionEnter(other : Collision)
{
    var cc : GameObject = GameObject.Find("Player");

if (cc.GetComponent(CharacterMotor).movement.velocity.y > 0.0)
    {
       other.collider.isTrigger = true; // you had it right here already!
    }
}
function OnTriggerExit(other : Collider)
{
    other.isTrigger = false;  // here, "other" already references the Collider component, conveniently
}

other is the player’s collider, not the platforms, I’ve already tried that. When I use other.collider.isTrigger or other.isTrigger, it changes the player’s isTrigger, not the platforms, so it doesn’t work