Access PointerEventData when clicking in the scene

I’ve noticed that the PointerEventData contains a lot of interesting data like mouse position, number of clicks, delta and so on. But how can I get this data from the EventSystem?
Let’s say I have a camera in the scene and I want to do ray casting from it and rotate the camera, so I could use the position and the delta to do things. So I’ve also added a EventSystem in the scene, but no UI or Canvas (I might want to do that later though). So how do I get the PointerEventData from the EventSystem?

An interesting example would be to have some game objects in scene (like some spheres) and when clicking on them the camera rotates to look at it. How would you do that using the EventSystem?

An interesting example would be to have some game objects in scene (like some spheres) and when clicking on them the camera rotates to look at it. How would you do that using the EventSystem?

Implement a OnPointerDown interface in a script and lerp the camera quaternion in the direction of the raycasted object, or if you need it to be instant, use transform.LookAt. You don’t explicitly need to use the PointerEventData by digging through it or tearing it apart, act like it’s a save state of an event.