Accessing global variable from java in c#

I believe there is similar question in the forum, but I just can’t find it, sorry.

My question is how do I access a global variable from a java script in a c# script.

For instance, I have a global variable called “world” defined in a java script called “A”. Then how do i access this variable in a c# script.
I guess it need to be declared in c# again?

Thanks in advance!

Javascript and C# can’t see each other at compile time, but scripts already compiled become pure CIL code and are visible to other scripts independently of language.

Unity compiles scripts in 3 consecutive waves, according to the folder they are: Standard Assets and Plugins first, Editor subfolders next, then other folders. You can place the JS script in Standard Assets or Plugins, and the C# one in some other Assets subfolder.

If you only need to access global variables (static?), place all of them in a script and save it in Standard Assets, and place all other scripts in a custom folder in Assets (Assets/Scripts, for instance).

If both scripts are one the same GameObject, you can do something like this. And you should put your A.js in a folder called “Plugins”, because C# is built before JS. You can read more about Script compilation here. This is non-static method of doing it.
Edited to needs: two seperate GameObjects.

// A.js
public var hello : String = "This is a string";

//B.cs
using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class B : MonoBehaviour {
    public GameObject go;
    private A Ascript;

void Start () {
		Ascript = go.GetComponent<A>();
		Debug.Log(Ascript.hello);
	}