AdMob Build Error - javac.exe

I’m really hoping someone can help me. I’ve been stuck on this for 2 days with no luck.
I’m trying to run the HelloWorld sample AdMob project from GoogleAds:
https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-plugins/tree/master/unity

I’ve followed all the steps leading up to ‘Run the project’ (including ‘Integrate the Plugin into your Game’ and ‘Android setup’) but run into the following error when I click Build and Run:

Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName=‘C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\javac.exe’, CommandLine=‘-bootclasspath “C:/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platforms/android-20\android.jar” -d “C:\unity\samples\HelloWorld\Temp\StagingArea\bin\classes” -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -encoding UTF-8 “com\example\admobtest\R.java” “com\google\android\gms\R.java”’, CurrentDirectory=‘C:\unity\samples\HelloWorld\Temp\StagingArea\gen’

I’m not good at reading these kind of logs, but after staring at it for awhile, am I getting this error because I’m using the 1.8 JRE but the source/target is expecting 1.6?

Have I missed something in my environment variables in Windows? The only java related variables I have are:
JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25

PATH: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_25\bin

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks in advanced!

I think the path for Java should be
C:Program FilesJavajdk1.8.0_25\bin (a missing \ character before bin)

You need to install the Java Development Kit (JDK). You may also need to add a new “System variable” under the “Environment Variables” like the following:

Variable: JAVA_HOME
Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65 <–this path will be different depends on the JDK version that you installed.

Thanks for your responses!
You were right, sumit9236!

I had to point JAVA_HOME to the JDK - not JRE. However, I went the long away about it…see below.

For anyone else who has this problem, this was the way I did it.

-I uninstalled JRE and JDK 1.8 (64-bit)

-Restarted

-Installed JDK/JRE 1.7

-Restarted

-Pointed JAVA_HOME and PATH to JDK1.7