[Android 4.0] TouchScreenKeyboard "hide - reopen" problem

Is there any way to Open again TouchScreenKeyboard after it was closed with “Hide keyboard” button? It reopens fine if keyboard was “closed” with “Enter” button. I am tring to reopen it with TouchScreenKeyboard.Open(“”); but i tried also other ways - non of them worked.
The problem occures only on Android devices. On iOS everything works fine - I can reopen keyboard either if it was closed by pressing “Enter” or “Hide keyboard”.
Is it known bug or am I missing something?

EDIT: I noticed that it reports TouchScreenKeyboard.visible to be true, after it was hidden by “Hide keyboard” button.

I’m cross posting this from over here

Edit! I’ve changed the way I’ve done my workaround, so maybe it’ll be more effective for you!

I keep a reference in one of my classes to an instance of TouchScreenKeyboard:

private TouchScreenKeyboard keyboard = null;

in my Start(), I instanciate a keyboard:

keyboard = new TouchScreenKeyboard("", TouchScreenKeyboardType.Default, true, true, false, false, "");
keyboard.active = false;

then, when I want to ensure my keyboard is re-shown, I do:

keyboard.active = false;
TouchScreenKeyboard.Open("current text from text area", TouchScreenKeyboardType.Default, true, true, false, false, "");

I call that code when the user taps on an area that would be a text area. Something like this (pseudocode)

foreach (textarea t in alltextareas)
    if (Input.GetMouseDown(0) && t.MouseIsOver && t.IsClickable)
        ForceShowKeyboard()

Surely there’s a better way, but I imagine it will require Unity to change how they interact with the keyboard API on ICS.

Good luck!