Android Build and Run: Started getting "Unable to reieve device properties."

I set up unity to build for android perfectly fine a few days ago (following Unity - Manual: Android environment setup). I’ve been building to android with build and run with no issues for the last few days. But this morning, out of nowhere, I started getting the following message every time I try to build and run:

“Unable to retrieve device properties. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. See the console for more details.”

I tried restarting unity and reconnecting the device.

The console doesn’t give any more details, just some random warnings with my code.
EDIT: I actually get 2 errors in console now:

"CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to retrieve device properties. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. See the Console for more details.
C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Android/sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s “ZX1D52JD27” shell getprop

stderr[
error: device offline
]
stdout[

]
UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.ADB.RunInternal (System.String command, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.ADB.Run (System.String command, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDevice.Exec (System.String command, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDevice.get_Properties ()
UnityEditor.Android.AndroidDevice…ctor (System.String deviceId)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.FindDevice ()
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcessInternal (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()"

And the second error:

"Error building Player: CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to retrieve device properties. Please make sure the Android SDK is installed and is properly configured in the Editor. See the Console for more details.
C:/Users/Chris/AppData/Local/Android/sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe -s “ZX1D52JD27” shell getprop

stderr[
error: device offline
]
stdout[

]
"

by task manager i did end adb.exe and works for me…