I am currently still at school and this is going to be my last year before school is over. I am also making games etc and things to see what I can do and how experienced I can get before school is over. I really want to make apps for both android and iphone, but I don’t want to buy a new computer until school is over(because I’m gonna need a mac). I am however at school working on unity on a mac (just the normal free version).
Just a few questions that would make things a bit more clear:
- From looking at other questions I think that it is possible to transfer a game made on unity free to a unity version that supports iPhone and Android development. How easy will this be? Because I feel like some scripts wouldn’t work 100% the same or I’m gonna need to change some scripts to C# and possibly screen resolution differences aswell as overall perfomance on mobile devices compared to computers with “dedicated graphics cards”.
- Is it possible to test games on unity free in an iphone or android kind of window with similar commands before so I can see what the game will look like, or so that I can have some progress or modules that I can use after I buy a Mac?
- Are there any more benefits for Android development on Macs than PCs? (I know I will need a Mac for iPhone development)
- Is it as simple to code for tapping, tilting, and touch controls as it is to code for keyboard input or will it be harder? (This isn’t so necessary because I would probaby figure it out in the end)
- Does Unity for mobile devices come with a built in way to put ads and links to facebook(and Other Social Media) in applications or will I need to search for plugins and add ons
- Is multiplayer (not online, but with friends with iphones or devices around you) easy to do or will it again need plugins or other extra things
- I don’t think I’ll ever make an online game but just for the sake of it, is online development on android/iphone as hard as it is to make multiplayer online on standalone (PC/Mac)? Because I’ve managed to get very simple multiplayer working on the free version of unity with smart fox server or something else (i did it like a year ago, so its vaguely in my head). From memory i eventually gave up because I’d spent hours and hours and there was a limited amount of resources for multiplayer development. I feel like online for android/iphone is easier because unity has this spaceship iphone multiplayer tutorial in its resources section.
- Will I only be limited to using the ios/android unity licenses (the $400 ones) on one Mac( or other computer etc)?
- Is uploading a game to the app store/google play store relatively fast (less than an hour with a decent internet) and quick to do all the publishing verificant details?
Thanks in advanced and i will take into account any suggestions or questions if you don’t understand one of the questions I am asking.