Android java plugin only works in a developement build

Hi there… I created a simple android java plugin to take html and print it. It works fine in development builds, but not at all in a non-development build. The logcat shows no appreciable difference between the two builds, and there are no errors that are shown that tell me it’s permissions, or something else.

the plugin itself is quite basic, and works fine in dev builds, so I’m at a loss as to what could be different between the two apks. I’ve tried giving the app all permissions in the manifest (no luck) and coming the logcat yields nothing useful.

the plugin is here: paste bin

and the code used to call it is:

using (var javaUnityPlayer = new AndroidJavaClass("com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer"))
{
	using (var currentActivity = javaUnityPlayer.GetStatic<AndroidJavaObject>("currentActivity"))
	{
		using (var androidPlugin = new AndroidJavaObject("com.funtobuildgames.AndroidPrint.AndroidPrint", currentActivity))
		{
			Debug.Log("before androidPlugin.Call");
			androidPlugin.Call("DoPrint", HTML, docName);
			Debug.Log("after androidPlugin.Call");
		}
	}
}

Any help would be appreciated

What a wild ride… it turns out that, when running development builds, for some reason the plugin is running in the UI thread, but not in the release builds. When I put everything inside .runOnUiThread, all is well

public void DoPrint(final String html_body,final String doc_name) {

((Activity)context).runOnUiThread(new Runnable(){
		@Override
		public void run() {
        <etc>