android manifest file - 2 app icons on device

Hi all,

I imported the unity openiab plugin into my project and it over wrote my androidmanifest.xml file.

In an effort to accommodate the openiab plugin I tried to merge the android manifest files into one.
Ever since I did this I have 2 app icons when I deploy to an Android device.

I have since changed my mind about having IAPs(for now) so I have deleted the openIAB entries from the manifest file but I am still left with 2 app icons…

I’ve run out of google fu and I can’t seem to find an answer.
Could someone please take a look at my manifest and give me an idea of how I managed to foobar it so badly?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest
    xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    package="com.unity3d.player"
	  android:installLocation="preferExternal"
	  android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar"
    android:versionCode="1"
    android:versionName="0.9.7.2">

    <supports-screens
      android:smallScreens="true"
      android:normalScreens="true"
      android:largeScreens="true"
      android:xlargeScreens="true"
      android:anyDensity="true"/>


    <!-- android:debuggable should be removed in release build -->
    <application
      android:icon="@drawable/app_icon"
      android:label="@string/app_name"
      android:debuggable="true">
      
      <activity
      android:name="com.vendettasoft.vendettasoftvungleplugin.VungleActivity"
      android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen"
      android:label="@string/app_name">
      <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
      </intent-filter>
    </activity>
		


        <activity
      android:name="com.vungle.sdk.VungleAdvert"
      android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize"
      android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
    />
     <service android:name="com.vungle.sdk.VungleIntentService"/>
      
      <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity"
              android:launchMode="singleTask"
              android:label="@string/app_name"
              android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
      
        <intent-filter>
          <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
          <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
        </intent-filter>
      </activity>
    
      <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"
              android:launchMode="singleTask"
              android:label="@string/app_name"
              android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
      </activity>
      
      <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity"
              android:launchMode="singleTask"
              android:label="@string/app_name"
              android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
              <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="false" />
      </activity>

     
    </application>

  
    
 
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />

</manifest>

Many thanks in advance

/Paul

I’ve solved this.
The second line which reads:

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER />

was causing the problems.

You are defining two “LAUNCHER” actions, inside the “Intent-Filter” tags (within “activity” tags):

a. In the activity between lines 24-32

b. In the activity between lines 43-52

Since ‘a’ refers to advertizing activity, and ‘b’ refers to the Unity activity, it seems reasonable to assume that the “Launcher” shouldn’t be inside activity ‘a’. So, try deleting everything inside the “Intent-Filter” tags (including the tags themselves), between lines 28 - 31. This should fix the issue.

Note: The line numbers are as indicated in this post, so they could probably be different from the line number in your IDE.