Animated object changes position when animation is played.

Hi, so I am learning object animation an run in to a problem: my animated object is changing its coordinates on single axes, when animation is played. I created a simple object in 3d Max, animated it using bones + one HI solver and imported it in my unity scene. I did not export to .fbx, but just dropped the .max file in assets folder. I named the split animations, and they work fine, except right before the animation is played for the first time, object changes position on y axes and stays there. Is there something I missed?

Just noticed that the object that I am trying to animate is put in the wrong coordinates when I drag in to the scene in the first place. For example if I drag it in the scene and in the transform component type in coordinates 0,0,0 it is not positioned an 0,0,0 but a bit further down the y axes, but once the animation is played, it jumps to 0,0,0 and plays there as it should. I also wrote a simple script (transform.position = Vector3(0, 0, 0);) in the update function and put that on the object, but it did not move the object in the corect position until animation was played...

So after lot of trying I found out that it was the root bone of my bone structure that was causing the trouble. When I collapsed the trajectories of every bone except the root bone, the object imported at the correct position. So a "cheap" workaround for the problem is just adding another bone and link the root bone to it. It seems to work, but somehow I still have the feeling that I screwed up somewhere...