Animating Object Interaction

Hey,

so I basically want to add object interaction and I simply want to animate how I interact with a certain object.
As an example, I would like to pick up an object, so I have to animate the hand to pick up the object and I somehow have to attach the object to the hand so I can take it or something. Another example would be an open door animation. I’d like to animate grabbing the door knob and actually pushing the door. The door needs to be pushed and opened realistically and I have tried to find solutions for my question, but I cannot seem to find any examples. I hope someone can help me, it would be very much appreciated. :slight_smile:

This isn’t a trivial problem. You need some kind of Inverse Kinematics for this to work (move the hand end point towards an object) and lots of animations for differently formed objects and stuff like that.

If you are just starting with game development, I would suggest to rather do what most games do - just make a generic “grab object” animation without bothering if it’s very realistic.