Animation On Click Position

Hello.
Currently working on my first game. Imagine a huge tentacle coming out of the water near docks and starts to smack the hell out of people on the shore. Thats the core mechanic, fairly simple.

The question is: is there a way to make the hit animation based on coordinates so tentacle will hit where the player clicks? Like it would be the same animation from the same spot but reaching more or less distance depending on player input.

I would say a workaround to having the tentacle hit the distance the mouse is would be to just have 3 or 4 different animations ready, with the closeness of the mouse to the shoreline determining which animation to play.

As for the rotation of it, you could have you tentacle as a child to another gameobject which rotates depending on where the mouse is on the screen.

If you are looking for more than a workaround it’s probably gonna be more complicated than that. Anyways your game sounds awesome and I hope it ends up amazing

Another suggested solution is to use IK, however in this case I agree with RecyclingBen, just creating a couple extra animations is a perfectly acceptable solution.