Animator Window is not showing up

This is very strange because I remember the Animator Window showing up before.

Here’s the deal:

When I click on Window > Animator nothing shows up.

When I double click on an Animator Controller the inspector window shows up and if I click open on the file nothing appears. Now, every other window appears perfectly fine.

If I open a new project is still doesn’t work. I have tried restarting the program as well. And I have everything set on the layers.

Also, I’m using the free version of Unity, but I doubt this affects the Animator window showing up or not.

I have the latest version of Unity installed but I’ll try uninstalling the program and reinstalling to see what happens.

EDIT: After re-downloading and re-installing Unity I opened a project and my results were same as before. Is there something I’m missing?

On the add tab option the animator does not appear.

Finally, there appeared to be something that I changed on the layout, I don;t know what it was. I went to the Layout tab on the top right corner and underneath it I clicked on Revert Factory Settings. Immediately after this I tried again to open the Animator and it worked.

Would still love to know what I did wrong though. Hope this helps someone!

Ok. This happen to me, I fixed by clicking the controller and in the inspector click >open. I know this is old but if someone get this problem, but in my case the tab was not showing the animator. I have version 2018.3.0f2 Personal

OK thanks I was pulling my hair out trying to get the animator window to show up. My animator window had also disappeared , clicking window->animator would shift focus to an invisible window (alt-tab, windows-tab would not show this invisible window)
Seems to be a bug in Unity editor

Had issue, restarted. Not working.

So I took one of the Motion selections(1st one) and dragged the animator model like the text says and works fine. I assume Unity does not set it to the first one, so you need to manually do it. Fixed this twice today.