So I have been given access to an unreleased API and I’m having trouble recieving information from the server.
I have read through the pre-written Unity3D code by the API developer which is supposed link me between Unity3D and the server. For the most part I understand it. I understand completely what it is doing, there are some parts of code that I am yet to wrap my head around, but that’s not what this is about.
There is an important bool method that I am trying to use to return me either a true or false statement concerning someone’s login status. I should be able to call the method, input the parameters of my login details and receive a tokenId confirming my login status.
From reading through the scripts given to me, I figured out that this is the method’s pipeline:
- I call the method and input the parameters
- The method first creates all the necessary variables (Using Hashtables and strings). It also sets the tokenID to " "
- It gathers the information I fed in through the parameters of the method and sends them off to be encoded by the provided JSON script.
- After the encoding has been completed, a query formed from my parameters is sent to the server
- Another method is called and the server is Read for the output or reply to my query and here is where I am getting my error.
A try, catch, finally set-up has been written here and it seems to be catching something it doesn’t like. A: catch (Exception e) is stopping the code there and returning my dreaded error code.
I’m really sorry I can’t post the script at all, but it is a confidential API in the time being.
If there is any more information you really need to know about the code to help, I’ll see what else I can post!
Here are some keywords from the method I am getting the error in:
I have been at it for a week now and haven’t got anywhere