Are android notifications not working?

I’m looking for a confirmation of local notifications on android not working correctly or if you have gotten it to work.

(I’m not referring to push notifications like with firebase)

This is what I have done.

I have my own test project using unity notification package. I run it on my android and send some test notifications. I’ve had two types of malfunctions.

1. The notification fires later than scheduled. The longer the time between registering it and time it should fire the longer the delay added to waiting time. If the fire delay is more than 10min the delay added seems to increase beyond 200%

2. The notification doesn’t fire until the app receives focus again.

Trying to find a solution I found this notification wrapper and demo from unity

I tried this one as well. Running it on my android I don’t get any notifications at the time it should fore until I return focus to the app. Then it fires.

Hey there! I have not worked too often with what you are describing, but there are some things I have picked up in regards to your issues. Unfortunately, based on a lack of complete context, I don’t have an immediate solution for you. However, you might want to check the following:

• Make sure your device’s clock is set correctly, as this can affect the timing of notifications.
  • Check if there are any conflicts with other apps or services that could be affecting the notifications.
  • Ensure that you have set up the notification channel and notification channel group correctly.
  • Review the documentation and any other available resources to see if there are any specific limitations or requirements for local notifications on Android.

Hello.
I had the same issues. Notifications on the Android emulator were received with a delay of 75% of the time, e.g. set for 2 minutes and received in 3.5 minutes.
When testing on a real Android device, the notification didn’t appear until the app was launched again.
And I’ve found the solution:

• go to “Project settings”
  • select “Mobile notifications”
  • in “Android” tab at “Schedule at exact time” select “Everything”

That’s it! Enjoy!