Array of audio clip arrays?

I have an a few arrays of audio clips. Can I put all of those arrays into one big array? I know you can have several arrays of integers make up one larger array, but I am not quite how to put one type of array into another…Thanks

As syclamoth pointed out, Unity can’t serialize (save) moredimensional arrays.
The workaround is putting your “inner” array into a class and have an array of this class.

Copy the following code into a new script “MyAudioClipHolder.cs” and see for yourself how this behaves in the editor:

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

// System.Serializable lets you change this class in editor
[System.Serializable]
public class AudioClipArray {
  // your "inner" array
  public AudioClip[] clips;
}

public class MyAudioClipHolder : MonoBehaviour {
  // the "outer" array
  public AudioClipArray[] clipArrays;
}

I realize I am resurrecting an ancient post but after a long search I want to acknowledge how helpful the answer by @felix. was; as well as to share how I implemented it. If you use it wrong you will get the following error:

error CS0021: Cannot apply indexing
with to an expression of type
`AudioClipArray’

So, in a SoundController.cs file…

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

// System.Serializable lets you change this class in editor
[System.Serializable]
    public class AudioClipArray {
    // your "inner" array
    public AudioClip[] clips;
}

public class SoundController : MonoBehaviour {

// the audio component on the GameObject this script is attached to
    private AudioSource audio;
    // multi-dimensional array of all the sounds 
    public AudioClipArray[] clipArrays;

void Start(){
        // play the sound (note the ".clips" reference there)
        audio.PlayOneShot (sounds[int1].clips[int2], .5);
    }
}

Reviving this thread yet again lol, but thanks to all those involved as it helped me with my problem too of trying to put arrays of audio clips into a master array of all of them. One thing that had me stumped for a while was how to put the audio clips into the master array, so I’ll put that here for anyone else who needs it:

(once I’d made the seperate MyAudioClipHolder script in the 1st reply) in my script that has to do with loading and playing the sounds:

public AudioClipArray[] Sounds;

//load all clips from a folder
Sounds[0].clips = Resources.LoadAll<AudioClip>("Audio/Sounds/BillyNoMates/Jump");
Sounds[1].clips = Resources.LoadAll<AudioClip>("Audio/Sounds/Blazer/Jump");

//etc

A potential bug I found with it is that you have to define the AudioClipArray size in the editor not in your script, otherwise it doesn’t work and will say that it’s outside of the bounds of the array when you try and load your audio clips, so in my case I had to put 6 here as I have 6 characters to load up sounds for.

200172-bug.png