Array of Transforms with variable

I currently have AI that goes to formation slots, Right now they are hard set but I need them to figure out which spawn socket is free out of many of them (right now if 2 formations are in the scene they will only go to one formation). For instance I have a prefab called 4 slot formation, later on I’m going to randomly spawn these formations around the map, and my enemies go to the sockets inside these formations. Here is the code I have so far but its set to go to specific formations, I need it to be more dynamic.

Fighter_AI.cs

// Moves the ships to the right spots. May need to replace the target with a variable that gets adjusted by how many formations are added
    void GoToSlot01()
    {
        transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(transform.position, FormTarg1.position, Time.deltaTime * smoothTranslateSpeed);
    }

void GoToSlot02()
    {
        transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(transform.position, FormTarg2.position, Time.deltaTime * smoothTranslateSpeed);
    }

void GoToSlot03()
    {
        transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(transform.position, FormTarg3.position, Time.deltaTime * smoothTranslateSpeed);
    }

What I need to know how to do is set up a array of transforms that checks all the formations prefabs child spawn sockets and maybe turn that into a temp variable so after one fighter goes to 1 slot it then goes to the next transform. I’ve already asked the first part of this question on just reserving slots for the enemies but I don’t know how to send them to each of the slots transform dynamically (they only go to 1 formation if 2 or more formations are in the scene). The other question is here.

script attached to spawn prefab

public int formation size = 4 // must be public so you can see if a formation needs filled

bool[formation_size] fighters;
vector3[formation_size] FormTargets;
on start 
iterate through fighter setting each to zero

foreach (transform child in transform)
{

foreach (bool plane in fighters}
    {
      position_iter++;
      if(!plane)
         { 
           transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(transform.position, FormTargets[position_iter].position, Time.deltaTime * smoothTranslateSpeed);
          }
    }
}

now all you have to do is set the fighters parent equal to the nearest formation with
formation.transform.childcount < formation.formation_size;

fighter script
all_formations = FindObjectsOfType<formations>;

foreach (formations formation in all_formation)
{
    if(formation.transform.childcount < formation.formation_size)
     { 
        transform.parent = formation; //parent this fighter to that formation
     }
}

took me a few minutes so mark answered if its answered and let me know if you need a little more help implementing. :stuck_out_tongue: