Asset Creation for Asset Store- Scale and polygons

I was browsing the asset store looking at reviews so I could keep in mind what to do and what not to do. A few comments mentioned that artists do not have the items to scale. How does one do this? What is the measurements that people go by and where can this information be found in Unity. When I look in the forums for this answer… what I get is

1. Scale varies from ‘game’ to ‘game’.
    2)Most answers say ‘just set to scale’ but do not explain the how to set the item to scale… seeing as how a scale of 1 is based on a per item bases.
    3)Some mention a parent/child hierarchy, but I am an artist taking a coding method is not very do able for me. So I need away to do this… whether it is steps that I need to take in blender before importing it or as simle of clicking the scale box/typing the numbers in the scale section for x, y, z. I just thought that typing it in the x, y, z… would notstick as a setting when uploading to the asset store.

As for polygons, I am use to Blender informing me of faces and etc. My understanding is that people prefer low poly items and prefer that this information is included when selling the asset. How do I get the poly information on specific items if I have multiple in a scene or individually? Does the sun/light and camera get calculated into this?

Please explain the best you can without assuming that I know Unity very well.

Is there anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks,
Assira

Please explain the best you can without assuming that I know Unity very well.
Is there anything else I should keep in mind?

This is the main problem you have. Most quality art asset packs in the store are created by artists who have, at the very least, a solid working knowledge of Unity. Until you attain, at the very least, a proper understanding of how Unity works, the products you create for the asset store will only superficially be acceptable for use by developers using Unity.

1) Scale varies from ‘game’ to ‘game’.
This is completely incorrect. Unitys default scale value is meters.

2)Most answers say ‘just set to scale’ but do not explain the how to set the item to scale
This is because the people answering those questions are familiar with Unity and how to ‘set the scale’. Open the engine and walk through some learning material to understand how to set the scale. This is not a complicated topic - hence why ‘setting the scale’ is not explained in granular detail.

3)Some mention a parent/child hierarchy, but I am an artist taking a coding method is not very do able for me.
Parent/child hierarchies are not related to code in any way. This is a 3D artist, modeler/rigger area of knowledge.

My understanding is that people prefer low poly items and prefer that this information is included when selling the asset
Lowpoly vs highpoly is directly associated with the ‘type’ of game, it has nothing to do with preference of developers. Some developers prefer low poly models because they are working on a game that uses low poly models, vs any other developer who is working on a game with high polygon models, so they prefer higher poly models.
But yes - art assets should provide polygon count information in the asset description as well as provide wireframe renders so the developer can properly assess the quality of the pack.

Bottom line - it’d be best for you to spend 2-4 weeks getting accustomed to how Unity works, how assets are used within the engine, and how to properly setup assets to be used in the engine. Once you have this knowledge all the art content you create for the store will be better set up for use in engine by developers who expect a high quality level, in visual appearance and creation methods to be used in Unity.