Hi. I’ve tried a lot and nothing works.
- Instantiating the Image and assigning
it to the gameobject
- Instantiating the Image as a
Gameobject and assigning it to the
I instantiated a Gameobject called UI (in the scene it’s called UI(Clone). One of Its children is a UI image called ImageWhiteDot.
I Wish to assign that specific UI Image to a Gameobject declared in one of my scripts, but using Gameobject.find or findbytag, it Just doesn’t seem to find it. If I look at the script in the inspector window, I want to see “ImageWhiteDot” attached/assigned to my Gameobject.
Any help would be appreciated.
I would put a script on the prefab with a field for the image and edit the prefab to attach the image to the script’s property on that prefab. Then you can use GetComponentInChildren<>() on your instantiated prefab to get the configured instance of your behavior.
Once you have a reference to your custom behavior, you can just read the image off the field that stores it and do whatever you want with it.
@MaxGuernseyIII Thanks. I’ve just found the solution. For anyone having this issue in the future:
- Create Gameobject
- Drag everything that you want to instantiate (in my case one prefab for multiplayer spawn) into the gameobject.
- Everything like the UI elements etc. can be added into scripts’ variables.
- Drag the Gameobject you created into the resource folder and use a script to Load that Prefab
GameObject yourgameobject = (GameObject)Instantiate(Resources.Load(“yourgameobject”));