Bad buffer index: -10000

Hey.

I’m making a game in Unity3D 5.6.1.f1 that uses VideoPlayer for playing video. After I use VideoPlayer.frame, video gets grey and blurry. Error (actually a warning) that I keep getting is: AndroidVideoMedia::VideoDecoder::ConsumeOutputBuffers bad buffer index: -10000.

I thought it has something to do with setting the wrong frame (too big or too small frame index that doesn’t exist because video is shorter than the frame index I try to set), but after triple checking I’m absolutely positive that frame indexes are set correctly.
I was looking for solution on different forums, but I didn’t find anyone with the same problem.
VideoPlayer methods that I am using in my script are enable, Play(), Stop(), Pause(), frame; and I’m checking video time with VideoPlayer.time.

Any help, hint… would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Luka

I am also encountering this issue int 2019.3.0f0. I have just a single video player which launches on start to render to a render target. I have one callback for when the video finishes loading that swaps in the rendertarget to replace the Emissive Map on a material. I get the same error as OP and the material appears black. Bumping

Bump

Anybody ever have luck figuring this one out?

Anyone ever resolve this issue?

This thread is old so I would recommend opening a new one with your info (Editor version, steps to reproduce, etc). If you can reproduce the bug constantly, can you open a bug report? In the Editor, you can go to Help > Report Bug