Best lighting exporting to vision pro?

How can I ensure my volumetric_CAMERA application looks well-lit on both the device and the Vision Pro simulator?
I need Vision Pro to respect the perfect lighting of a realistic scene.
How make the same lighting scene in Unity Editor, appear identical or better in Vision Pro? I’d appreciate any assistance or comments.
Thanks.

Unity lighting is not yet supported, you have to wait for the next releases

There’s no one answer to this; it will depend on what effect you’re trying to achieve. The easiest option, and what we expect most apps to use, is to rely on visionOS’s image based lighting (IBL), which is used for standard Unity shaders as well as shader graphs with lit targets. That lighting reflects (so to speak) the physical environment, making rendered objects look more natural within it.

Another option is to use shader graphs with the PolySpatial Lighting node, which recreates Unity’s lighting for dynamic point/spot/directional lights within the scene, light maps, light probes, and/or reflection probes, with.some limitations as described in the docs. You can either use this with an Unlit target to use it alone or with a Lit target to combine it with visionOS’s IBL (by connecting the PolySpatial Lighting to the Emissive output). You can also use the Environment Radiance node to retrieve the IBL results in order to process them further in your shader graph.

The final option is to create your own lighting solution in shader graphs, passing the lighting parameters as shader properties (or globals). This will give you the most control, but it will require substantial effort.

Unity lighting is supported via the PolySpatial Lighting node. We’re looking into streamlining this (for example, by having an option in the shader graph target to include Unity lighting without having to use the node), but ultimately the result will be the same: we have to generate a MaterialX shader that reproduces the Unity lighting calculations.

1 Like

Oh, my bad. I managed to make the shader graph work, but it’s tedious and the material doesn’t work in the editor (or rather only in game view in play mode).

And just to confirm - all this doesn’t allow to have shadows, does it? Do I understand correctly that the only way to have shadows now is with the Grounding Shadow component?

That’s correct. Eventually, we plan to support shadows in the PolySpatial Lighting node at least to a limited extent (e.g., one directional shadow), but that’s not implemented yet.

1 Like

ok on clonclusion…then?
the simplest and fastest way?
I can use 3 lights. basic directions in unity and, when exporting it to the simulator or device vision pro, at least one will remain. acceptable lighting?

We need a way to light up objects as well.

Is there a project anywhere with examples of how to set up these options?

1 Like

is there any scene sample that includes great lights please?
or is thee an scene with shader light for vision os in Unity?
thanks alot

1 Like

yeeah they really need an IBL sample! c’mon!

1 Like