I would like to reduce the size of the game so I would like to compress images. What is the best method?
- Export a PNG
- Compress the PNG with https://tinypng.com
- Add a Packing Tag on the PNG
- Set the 16bits format
I don’t know actually if this method could work because Unity converts all textures.
You didn’t specify what platform you’re building for. Unity will re-compress textures when they’re imported, so tinypng won’t help.
- Make sure the texture sizes are a power of two.
- Instead of 16bit format, use a compressed format such as DXT.
- Reduce the size of the textures where the quality is still acceptable. e.g. Particle textures don’t need to be 2048, and probably no one will notice a difference if it’s smaller.
- Disable mipmaps if they’re not being used.
Unity - Manual: Reduce the File Size of the Build