Body with small Fixture not waking

In my roguelike game I have sliding doors that are built from…

1 rigidbody

1 SliderJoint2D

1 dynamic body with a box collider.

The joint has a limit and a motor.
To open and close the doors I change the motor speed.

I scale the parent object and adjust the joint limits to get different size doors.

This works perfectly, except for the smallest doors, with a size of 0.5 X 1.6 I cannot replicate the problem in any of the bigger doors

The problem is that when I change the motor speed the doors body does not wake. So, lets say I push a button to open the door, it will just sit there, until a dynamic body gets close to it, then it will open.
Also they seems to work ok the 1st few times I use them, but start exhibiting the problem after one or two uses.

I’ve tried a good few things to wake them eg. Some variations on this sort of thing…
In this case MotorOpen() and MotorClose() are the entry points.

void WakeBods()
{
	foreach (var bod in Bods)
	{
		bod.WakeUp();
		bod.AddForce(new Vector2(10f, 10f));
	}
}

IEnumerator EnactOnNextFixed(UnityAction todo)
{
	WakeBods();
	yield return new WaitForFixedUpdate();
	todo();
	yield return new WaitForFixedUpdate();
	WakeBods();
}

public override void MotorOpen()
{
	StopAllCoroutines();
	StartCoroutine(EnactOnNextFixed(PhysicsOpen));
}

void PhysicsOpen()
{
	Debug.Log("Open");
	NewMotor(-0.5f);
}

public override void MotorClose()
{
	StopAllCoroutines();
	StartCoroutine(EnactOnNextFixed(PhysicsClose));
}

void PhysicsClose()
{
	Debug.Log("Close");
	NewMotor(0.5f);
}

void NewMotor(float speed)
{
	var newmot = new JointMotor2D();
	newmot.motorSpeed = speed;
	newmot.maxMotorTorque = 10000;
	Joint.motor = newmot;
} 

Because I cannot replicate this on larger doors, and because they work fine when they wake, when a moving dynamic body gets near them, I reckon this is a bug in Unity.

I’m convinced this is a bug.

There are a few workarounds I could have tried. One that seems to have worked is just increase the size of the colliders. I Increased the size of the door collider and offset it so the extra area is buried in the wall.

This is not ideal however. My game is procedural and if I had a door like this right next to a corner or some other physics object it could cause problems.