Buggy Wall Collison in 2D platformer

I’m having issues with walls in my 2D platformer.

When the player walks into one, they go through teleport back and go through again.
I want to find a way to fix this.

here’s the basic movement code:

void Update ()
{        
    direction = Mathf.Round(Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal"));
    //checks what direction the player is holding, left, right or neutral

//HORIZONTAL MOVEMENT
    // Smooth movement for going left and right
    if (direction == 1) // Right
    {
        if (Mathf.Abs(Speed) > MaxSpeed)
        {
            Speed = MaxSpeed; // Set Speed to MaxSpeed directly
        }
        else
        {
            Speed = Speed + Acceleration * Time.deltaTime;
        }
    }
    else if (direction == -1) // Left
    {
        if (Mathf.Abs(Speed) > MaxSpeed)
        {
            Speed = -MaxSpeed; // Set Speed to -MaxSpeed directly
        }
        else
        {
            Speed = Speed - Acceleration * Time.deltaTime;
        }
    }
    else
    {
        if (Speed > 0) // Right
        {
            Speed = Mathf.Max(Speed - Deceleration * Time.deltaTime, 0); // Make sure Speed doesn't go negative
        }
        else if (Speed < 0) // Left
        {
            Speed = Mathf.Min(Speed + Deceleration * Time.deltaTime, 0); // Make sure Speed doesn't go positive
        }
    }
transform.position = transform.position + new Vector3(Speed * Time.deltaTime, 0, 0);
}

I figured it out, it isn’t the script, its in project settings in physics 2D, make sure simulation mode is set to Update instead of FixedUpdate

It fixes it and makes the player look slightly better when moving

The problem here is not the Simulation Mode but the fact that you were moving a Collider/RigidBody by changing it’s transform.

What you should have done instead is to move this object by modifying the RigidBody properties instead - rb.velocity preferably or rb.position if you must.

Walking into a wall collider while changing transform.position results in your Rigidbody being forcefully “teleported” partially inside this wall. Physics engine reacts naturally to this situation by correcting this situation in one way it can - be moving this RigidBody out of the wall EVERY FRAME. And this is “Buggy” indeed.