Build and editor behaving differently.

So I have a script that spawns a prefab like a crate. In the editor I use a prefab to show me where I can expect the spawn to be. When I run in the editor the spawn mesh turns off properly and the prefab is there. When I build the project and play that way the mesh from the spawn object is still sitting there, but it also has the spawned object inside. I don’t understand why I am getting two different reactions from the same code. Can we not toggle a mesh renderer in a build to not display?

image of prefab: Screenshot - 23be8ff2baa8981c07b0128f9c9b42f2 - Gyazo

gif of prefab in dungeon prefab: Screen capture - 4ac89a0be103fd38fa9ced7a63ad7cdd - Gyazo

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.UI;

[System.Serializable]
public struct SpawnInfo
{
    public Transform t;
    public Vector3 RotationCorrection;
    public int chance;
}

public class SpawnChance : MonoBehaviour
{
    public List<SpawnInfo> spawns = new List<SpawnInfo>();      //stores what can be spawned by this object
    public MeshRenderer mr;
    public Collider col;
    bool disabled = false;
    // Use this for initialization
    void Start ()
    {
        disable();
        SpawnRandom();
	}

public void SpawnRandom()
    {
        int chance = Random.Range(0, 10000);            //think of it like .01% to 100% chace instead of 0 - 10k
        int cur = 0;                                    //tracking var
        for (int i = 0; i < spawns.Count; i++)          //some addition to figure out where we landed in the list of possible items.
        {
           cur += spawns*.chance;*

if (cur >= chance) //first spawnable object get spawned
{
Instantiate(spawns_.t, transform.position, Quaternion.Euler(spawns*.RotationCorrection));
break; //then we leave the loop
}
}
}*_

private void Update()
{
disable();
}

private void disable()
{
if (!disabled)
{
if (mr) mr.enabled = false; //disable mesh renderer
if (col) col.enabled = false; //disable collider if it is attached to this object
disabled = true;
}
}
}

Try gameObject.GetComponent<Renderer>().enabled = false;