Build errors

I am working from the Unity book and at the end of chapter 5 the books says to click “build and run” and after I did I got a bunch of errors that I can’t seem to figure out

Couldn’t set project path to: C:\Users\Office Depot\Desktop\Documents\New Unity Project\Assets

ApplicationException: Unable to find a suitable compiler
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilers.CreateCompilerInstance (MonoIsland island, Boolean buildingForEditor, BuildTarget targetPlatform) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilers.cs:99)

Failed to create compiler instance

Compilation failed because the compiler couldn’t be executed!

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[System.String,UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.ScriptingLanguage].get_Item (System.String key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.ProjectFile (MonoIsland island, Boolean forVisualStudio) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:296) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer+c__AnonStorey69.<>m__FA (MonoIsland i) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:354) System.Linq.Enumerable+c__Iterator102[UnityEditor.Scripting.MonoIsland,System.String].MoveNext ()
System.Collections.Generic.List1[System.String].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable1 enumerable) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
System.Collections.Generic.List1[System.String]..ctor (IEnumerable1 collection) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[String] (IEnumerable1 source) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.GetProjectEntries (IEnumerable1 islands, Boolean forVisualStudio) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:359)
UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SolutionText (IEnumerable1 islands, Boolean onlyCSharp) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:343) UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.SyncSolution (IEnumerable1 islands) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:334)
UnityEditor.VisualStudioIntegration.SolutionSynchronizer.Sync () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/VisualStudioIntegration/SolutionSynchronizer.cs:172)
UnityEditor.SyncVS.SyncVisualStudioProjectIfItAlreadyExists () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/SyncProject.cs:115)

if anyone can tell me what any of these mean or how I can fix them and what I did wrong I would greatly appreciate it

This may be a little late but i had the same problem when i exported the game into the .exe files and put then into the assets folder. Unity didn’t like that for some reason so you just have to move or delete those files from your game folder in order for your game to work smoothly again