Build & run on Android have problems "Resource re-package Failed!"

hi I'm newbie.I try to make Android game follow this tutorial:

http://www.burtonsmediagroup.com/blog/2010/12/creating-android-games-with-unity/comment-page-1/#comment-138

but I got some problem when I build & run on Andriod emulator (After I test on Sumsung Galaxy Tap it's same problem.I'm sure that device connect to my PC.)

This's error masage:

Resource re-package Failed! package -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ Locale/Vendor pairs: / /

Files: drawable\app_icon.png

Can you fix it? help me please Thank so much

This is usually caused by a missing resource file. If you examine your error list you should see where it failed to process one of the files(should be at the bottom of the list). Which editor are you using? It might be that your editor (such as eclipse) has the file stored in a different directory and you just need to copy the file into your Assets/Plugins/Android folder.

Dr. B. Burton http://www.BurtonsMediaGroup.com/blog

I had this problem (as seen on the comment), however after further reading I found out that it didn't like the apostrophe in my App's name. So after removing it, it appears to build and package without issue.

I did as following:

1. open Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml
  2. change from 'android:icon=“@drawable/ic_launcher”'to ‘android:icon=“@drawable/app_icon”’.
  3. Build

It is not necessary to import Plugins/Android/res folder.

I have the same problem. :(

Resource re-package Failed! package -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ Locale/Vendor pairs: / /

I used a htc desire. help please, thanksss

Same problem. Can anybody fix it ? Its possible running project without device ? just with emulator ?

Ok. Work here. Solution: Update to Unity 3.3 (was running 3.2)

I am still having this issue. Has anyone resolved this? I am receiving the following error message in the log file:

AndroidManifest.xml:17: error: Error: String types not allowed (at ‘configChanges’ with value ‘fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen’).

Dr Burton is right, you should read the ENTIRE log that is displayed by Unity.
It told me that some resources where duplicates in strings.xml, it was because I was using mercurial and I had a strings.xml.orig file…

in your android_notify.xml file

find “@drawable/ic_launcher” and replace with “@drawable/app_icon”

it works for me

Just changed the “google_play_services_version” to an actual number I was using and it worked. That is, 9.