Building project to Android

Hello all,

I can’t seem to be able to build my project to Android. I’ve followed the steps in the documentation to set up the developing environment but each time I click Build in Build Settings of Unity, where the Android platform is selected, a pop-up dialog will appear stating that the path XXX.apk does not exist or is not a directory, where XXX is the absolute path to the .apk file that I want to create. I’ve tried the various suggestions I’ve found in this forum so far but to no avail. Each time I’ll get this error:

Android SDK does not include any platforms! Did you run Android SDK setup to install the platform(s)?
Minimum platform required for build is Android 2.3 (API level 9)

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PostProcessAndroidPlayer:PrepareToolPaths(String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/6bc5f79e0a4296d6/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:56)
PostProcessAndroidPlayer:PostProcess(BuildTarget, String, String, String, String, String, String, BuildOptions) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/6bc5f79e0a4296d6/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:107)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

together with the error

Available Android targets:
id: 1 or “android-9”
Name: Android 2.3
Type: Platform
API level: 9
Revision: 1
Skins: HVGA, QVGA, WQVGA400, WQVGA432, WVGA800 (default), WVGA854

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PostProcessAndroidPlayer:GetAndroidPlatform(String, String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/6bc5f79e0a4296d6/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:989)
PostProcessAndroidPlayer:PrepareToolPaths(String) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/6bc5f79e0a4296d6/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:30)
PostProcessAndroidPlayer:PostProcess(BuildTarget, String, String, String, String, String, String, BuildOptions) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/6bc5f79e0a4296d6/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostProcessAndroidPlayer.cs:107)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I’ve tried with the Android platforms 2.2, 2.3 and 2.3.3 but to no avail. I’m running Unity 3.3 with Android trial on a Windows PC.

Any help will be very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Android SDK does not include any platforms! Did you run Android SDK setup to install the platform(s)? Minimum platform required for build is Android 2.3 (API level 9)

This message say it all. You most likely need to install the sdk from the android sdk manager. Please have a look at this page on the google docs:

First what version of their Unity? You need to buy the package for export to the website of Unity Android: https://store.unity3d.com/shop/ there unless your version is cracked.

I followed this tutorial (I’m Brazilian, it becomes easier to understand, the tutorial is in Spanish): Tutorial Nº 1 - Como instalar el Android SDK y los drivers USB (Android) - YouTube

If you already have the export package to Android, make sure you installed the Java SDK also found this link: http://www.java.com/en/download/, click All Java Downloads, and download the version of Java for your system rather than the offline version. After you have installed the Java SDK, you proceed with installing the Android SDK, which can be downloaded at this link: Download Android Studio & App Tools - Android Developers, download version. Zip, then decompressed for C: \ drive for example, or a place of your choice, then just open the SDK Setup and follow the video.

After all is done, make sure the scene is added in build, and also the information you need to configure the apk:

Go to the Unity in Edit> Project Settings> Player:

and configure the options of Android, following this tutorial Unity’s own site: http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Components/class-PlayerSettings.html

I hope I have helped, no doubt ask, did this tutorial now, please vote if you think you deserve :wink:

a question, is that I did everything but when running the project says force close, nose happens after opening and closing forsar and I have a Lg p350 android and if applications run Unity (counter strike etc) and before I made a test and if I worked, but it tells me right now and closing force, and already desistale not install etc and still does not work, I can do?

a question, is that I did everything but when running the project says force close, nose happens after opening and closing forsar and I have a Lg p350 android and if applications run Unity (counter strike etc) and before I made a test and if I worked, but it tells me right now and closing force, and already desistale not install etc and still does not work, I can do?