bullets not shooting forwards after adding rigid body to player

My problem. I am using this piece of script ("shoot") attached to the projectile that is being fired from my main camera. This is part of my FPS controller that I have added to the main camera. Previously, the bullets would shoot in a forward direction, but after adding a rigid body and a capsule collider to my main camera FPS, the bullets now shoot downwards, propelling the main camera (player) in to the air. I've messed around trying to modify the script, and even changing the axis of the projectile, but no changes as yet. the shoot projectile script so far is:

var prefabBullet: Transform; var shootForce: float;

function Update() { if(Input.GetButtonDown("Fire1")) { var instanceBullet = Instantiate(prefabBullet, transform.position, Quaternion.identity); instanceBullet.rigidbody.AddForce(transform.forward * shootForce); } }

TIA for any clues. peace yakkle

It sounds like your character is aligned wrong, with the feet pointing in the local forward direction. You may have rotated the character to compensate for this so it doesn't look wrong, but check on the gizmo if the alignment is right. In local space, the green arrow should point upwards, and the blue arrow forwards. If this is not the case, you character is aligned wrong.