Button press wipes out my inventory

Since a search, and fiddling didn’t fix the problem, I figured I’d ask the folks who know what they’re doing. (and I thank God that you do!) Using a gamepad, I go into my inventory. Let’s say I want to eat a piece of toast, and I have four pieces in said inventory. I have the “eat toast” command assigned to button 2. If I press button 2, however, I’ll instantly eat all four pieces of toast. Have tried changing input sensitivity, gravity, dead space, though I figured only sensitivity would be relevant. Nothing ever changed though, and I’m hoping someone might know what I’m doing wrong. If it helps, I’m using a Logitech Gamepad F310 controller. Thanks, and God bless.

EDIT: Code below. BTW: Yes, I realize it’s a mashup. Am in the middle of changing it from array based to static var based to make it more (newb) friendly with PlayerPrefs.

static var inventoryArray : int[] = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0];
var inventoryText : GameObject;
static var HardTack : int = 1;

function Update () {

inventoryText.guiText.text = "Health Potion " + "[" + inventoryArray[0] + "]" + "

" + "Hard Tack " + “[” + HardTack + “]” + "
" + "Water " + “[” + inventoryArray[2] + “]” + "
" + "Apple Brew " + “[” + inventoryArray[3] + “]” + "
";

if(Input.GetButton("Stuff"))

if(inventoryArray[0] > 0) {

healthPotion();
}
if(Input.GetButton("Sword Slash"))//Right HERE

if(HardTack > 0) {

hardTack();
}
}
//inventoryArray[0]++;
//inventoryArray[1] ++;

function healthPotion ()  {

Playerhealth.curHealth += 15;
inventoryArray[0] -=1;
}

function hardTack ()  { //RIGHT HERE

Playerhunger.curHunger -= 5;
HardTack -=.5;
}

Since you have no code shown on your question, I go with a guess:

you have

if(Input.GetKey(KeyCode.JoystickButton2)){ // eat only one of those toasts}

That should eat only one but since the method returns true each frame and a frame is way too fast for you to press only once, then it returns for as long as you pressed and your 4 toasts are gone in 4 frames, a few ms.

Try with :

if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.JoystickButton2)){ // eat only one of those toasts}

If it is not the case then you need to post your code(which you should have done in the first place).