Camera will not play animation

I created an animation for my camera to play at the beginning of a level. It works when I press play in the editor. It works if I check ‘Play automatically’. But I want it to work code-driven, which it doesn’t yet. What happens is that it clearly yields for the duration of the clip, then resorts to the normal game which works fine. How can I get the clip to play when my level starts in a code-driven way?

How it’s setup currently is in my gameStateScript (on my empty object named GameState). Basically it tells the mouseLook script to turn off while I run the animation clip (set to play once), then resume mouseLookScript when done.

Here’s the animation component (on MainCamera) paused at start, followed by the relevant excerpts I hoped someone could look at and see if they spot trouble:

[33399-screen+shot+2014-10-07+at+11.27.53+pm.png|33399]

var mainCamera:Camera; //main camera to be used
var mouseLookScript:MouseOrbitCamera; //MouseControl Script for Cam
var cAnim:Animation; //holds animation component of camera.

function Awake()
{
	//Instantiate the Main Camera.
	Instantiate (mainCamera, levelStartWayPt.transform.position, levelStartWayPt.transform.rotation); //Place the Camera (@waypoint)
	cAnim = mainCamera.GetComponent(Animation); //get the animation component
	Debug.Log(cAnim); //outputs fine as 'MainCamera(UnityEngine.Animation)'

mouseLookScript = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("MainCamera").GetComponent(MouseOrbitCamera); //assign the mouse look script.
}

function Start()
{
	CamIntro(); //plays the intro cinematic.
}

function CamIntro()
{
	//INTRO CAMERA
	mouseLookScript.enabled = false;//Disable Camera Controls
	cAnim.Play("camLevel01Intro");
	yield WaitForSeconds(cAnim.clip.length);//When Done...

mouseLookScript.enabled = true;//Re-enable Cam Controls
}

function Awake()
{
//Instantiate the Main Camera.
Camera camera = Instantiate (mainCamera, levelStartWayPt.transform.position, levelStartWayPt.transform.rotation) as Camera; //Place the Camera (@waypoint)
cAnim = camera.GetComponent(Animation); //get the animation component
Debug.Log(cAnim); //outputs fine as ‘MainCamera(UnityEngine.Animation)’

mouseLookScript = camera.GetComponent(MouseOrbitCamera); //assign the mouse look script.
}

Define a variable camera (we don’t want to overwrite the prefab) on Instantiation as Camera. So you get a direct reference to the new camera without confusion.
But why do you Instantiate it first?
Does the scene contains a second Camera?