Can we add some comment to variables in the inspector?

Hello

Sometimes you have some scripts with very many public variables/arrays. And you have no reason to make a custom inspector for them as all those variables behave normally. But you might want to give a little bit of explanation on some particular variables as their influence on your script behaviour could be a little bit obscure sometimes, and you don't want to resort to the dreadful 'variable-with-a-very-long-name-to-put-the-explanation-in-it' solution.

So I was wondering if there's a way to make some comments/explanations appear in the editor either on the side of the variable or when we hover on it with the mouse, without having to rewrite the entire interface with a custom editor script. And if not, should I add it to the wish list?

Cheers!

No way to do it (as of 2010-05-31) - add it to the wishlist

you can do this via adding string variable... not elegant but should do the trick...

var myVar:float=34.5567;
var myVarDescription:String="My variable description.. However if it will be this long you wont see this part";

You can do this if you write a custom inspector for your class - every GUIContent can have a tooltip. see the Additional information on mouseover answer.

you can also use this editor script called notes