Cannot save prefabs

EDIT: So it seems the main problem is that prefabs don’t work right when switching scenes. If I start in the scene, the prefabs’ scripts are active, but if I switch to the scene, they aren’t. Any idea what could be going on here?

In my game, I have a few prefabs (naturally). Normally when one edits a prefab, an option comes up at the top of the window with a button to save the changes. However, none of the changes to my prefabs will save!

And it’s not like they’re saving automatically either. I tested by changing the scale of a simple prefab, and nothing changed when the game was run.

I also tried re-installing Unity, but no dice.

What could be causing this problem? Did I accidentally change a preference? Could it be caused by a weird file structure? Is my game corrupted?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Try bringing out one of your prefabs and drop it in the scene and then edit that object, then you need to click the apply button on the object and just see if that changes your prefab. Worth a go.

So it seems the main problem is that prefabs don’t work right when switching scenes. If I start in the scene, the prefabs’ scripts are active, but if I switch to the scene, they aren’t. Any idea what could be going on here?