Cant drag Sprites Into Animation Panel

Im trying to learn 2d animations inside Unity but It won’t let me drag my sprites into the animation panel. I am using this tutorial 2D animation

I am using the free version of Unity. Is that the issue?

Hey there. I know this was 3 years ago, and you probably got the answer, but I’m getting the same problem. I’m using the free version of Unity too, although I don’t think that’s the problem, they wouldn’t have locked away such a vital part of game dev behind a paywall, most games need animations to work. So, if anyone knows the answer to this deep, philosophical question, please answer. I’ll be looking around and I’ll probably find the answer in a couple of minutes, but I dunno.

Newb here, but I found this thread because I too was having issues adding sprite frames to animations. My problem turned out to be that I had created the animation, but had not added it to a gameobject/prefab yet. I created a new state in my animation controller, added the animation to that new state, and then was able to open the animation, with the prefab selected in the hierarchy, and drag the sprite frames onto the timeline.