Can't find grid and snap settings in edit tab

I’m trying to change my grid and snap settings but I don’t see that option on the edit tab. Is there some advanced settings button I should press?

In Unity 2021.2 Grid Snapping has been moved to scene overlays toolbars. If it's hidden, you can toggle the visibility in the Overlays menu - shortcut key is backtick ( ` ).

10 Likes

I am so dumb omg ı just move that toolbar to the right down corner and forget about it my dumb ass is trying to find it for the last 30+min

If tha can't see it, put thi glasses on lol.

You and me both

I'm having the same issue with 2023.1.0B12

There's no option to edit the grid size, only reset

Documentation says it should be under where it says 'reset'

3 Likes

yes, even i have the same problem!

2 Likes

i don't think this solution is actually working but what i did is change the scene view to 3d, it was available, i set my values and then entered 2d mode.

1 Like

You have to switch Tool handle rotation to Global and search it in the icon with the magnet

8968245--1232739--GifTemp.gif

4 Likes

It’s not even clickable for me 2023.1.0B13

2 Likes

You also need to activate the Move Tool
8969890--1233112--GifTemp.gif

4 Likes

Yes that worked. Thank You.

3 Likes

IT’S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE (In May)! Thank you!

2 Likes

wtf how do i press backtick?

1 Like

9211779--1285644--upload_2023-8-12_1-26-11.png

Mine was there by default. You might want to reset the layout. Have a great day!

This is honestly the worst UX I've seen from Unity in all my years of using it. This messed me up for hours.

First of all, the visual grid shouldn't necessarily be locked to transform snapping. Many people just want the visual grid to act as a visual guide - that's it.

Now, the only way to change the visual grid size is to be on the Move tool, be in Global mode, and to open up the Snap settings? Not to mention this is completely separate from whether or not you even enable the snap feature (whether or not it's blue).

I really hope this gets fixed in a future version, because it makes zero sense.

Currently, (at least in my project settings), thicker, major grid lines appear every 10 units. Is it possible to make them appear every 15 units instead? If not, that seems like it would be a nice improvement to the engine.