Can't make cube follow the finger.

Hello, I’ve just started scripting in unity and I’m a total noob. I need my cube follow a finger but not going up on y axis, that’s all. Always follow a finger, but my version of code isn’t working. My cube always going back to the start position. I searched for the info in internet, but after 2 hours of searching didn’t find anything. All I found is Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint and I thought that the cube always returns to the start position because my touch is considered on the start screen and I should make it “WorldPoint” but nope, that didn’t work. Help… Please.

void Update()
{
    if (Input.touchCount > 0)
    {

Vector3 touch = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(Input.GetTouch(0).position);

if (Input.GetTouch(0).phase == TouchPhase.Stationary || Input.GetTouch(0).phase == TouchPhase.Moved)
        {

Vector3 touchPosition = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(new Vector3(touch.x, 0, touch.z));
            transform.position = touchPosition;
        }
    }
}

}

You are converting screen point to world 2 times. Remove first

Vector3 touch = Input.GetTouch(0).position;

The touch.z needs to be the distance away from the camera that you want your object. If your camera is aligned/facing along the z axis. Get the z distance:

float zDistance = cube.transform.position.z - camera.transform.position.z;

Then:

Vector3 touchPosition = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(new Vector3(touch.x, 0, zDistance));
             transform.position = touchPosition;