cant play animation attached to Guitexture on touch

The animation was made in maya, exported as fbx and then imported into Unity3d, the animation plays when u just drop the prefab in the scene, but when i try to play animation with the following script, attached to GUITexture, the animation does not work. The imported fbx prefab has animation clip named “Take 001”.

#pragma strict

var mainButton : Texture2D;
var pressButton : Texture2D;
var playAnim : GameObject;

function Update () 
{    
    var fingerCount = 0;

for (var touch : Touch in Input.touches) 
    {
        if (touch.phase != TouchPhase.Ended && touch.phase != TouchPhase.Canceled && guiTexture.HitTest(touch.position))
        	{
            	fingerCount++;

}
    }
    	if (fingerCount > 0) 
    		{
        		playAnim.animation.Play("Take 001");
        		guiTexture.texture = pressButton ;        		

}

else 
          	{
           		guiTexture.texture = mainButton ;
          	}	
}

I tested your code with a message Debug.Log and it seems to be working correctly so check if your “playAnim” GameObject has the animation component, (component>Miscellaneus>Animation)if not, that is the problem, if not, check the name of your animation.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys. I really appreciate for time you gave me.
I have solved the issue , i will share what was the problem… The objects in maya file had namespaces, which maya puts it whenever you import objects in maya scene, so when the animations didnt work in unity. I did a simple animation and imported it in unity and it worked fine , so when i checked the maya file , the only difference i saw was Namespaces. I cleared the namespace and imported the file in unity and it worked fine…
I seriously dont understand why namespace should really matter to unity, but that was the casue.