canvas with screen space camera rendered on texture.

I have 2 canvas. one is set on screen space overlay and is the main UI.
The second one is set to screen space camera and the camera assigned to it is rendering to a texture.
This texture is being shown on a raw image on the main UI.
It is a easy way to make a minimap like this but i want to use it for a bit more.

The second canvas is going to represent a computer screen and will have UI elements that you can interact with. draggeble windows, buttons to press, etc.

The only problem I have now is how to let everything on this second canvas know where the mouse is and how to interact with the second canvas. currently it does not react or get any information as I would expect because a texture is not going to pass that trough.

I am Working on the exact same problem right now. Do you have found a Solution?

(I want to make a working PC in my game but it doesn’t look good with a Worldspace canvas, so i switched to a Screen Space - Camera and a Render Texture, but of course i don’t have any Input anymore. Can you please help me?)

@sainsay
I am Working on the exact same problem right now. Do you have found a Solution?

(I want to make a working PC in my game but it doesn’t look good with a Worldspace canvas, so i switched to a Screen Space - Camera and a Render Texture, but of course i don’t have any Input anymore. Can you please help me?)