I am currently trying to build a simple asset to display Unity apps in CAVE.
What it needs :
- Server / client management to handle clusters of computers (that part is completed and working)
- Custom camera frustrums for each wall (also completed and working, thanks to mr Kooima and Cg Programming/Unity/Projection for Virtual Reality - Wikibooks, open books for an open world)
- Native tracking (also completed, it handles ART’s bodies through UDP reading).
- Stereoscopic rendering.
This is where i am stuck. My setup uses windows 7, so I can forget about direct3D11. I use OpenGL Core to use the quadbuffer (The CAVE uses Quadro K6000), with the “Virtual reality supported” option checked, and “Stereo Display (non head mounted)” sub-option.
Additionaly, all my cameras are doubled (one is left, one is right, they have a 6.4cm separation), and the result is weird :
- with “virtual reality supported” checked, i get stereoscopy but the frustums are broken.
- If i just uncheck this option and leave the rest the same, the frustrums are correct but I get no stereoscopy.
I’ve tried many other options, but i can’t make both work any reason or solution in mind ? why does stereoscopy change frustrums ?
Anyway, even if you don’t, thank you for reading this