“Certificate could not be opened: WSATestCertificate. The specified network password is not correct.” - when deploying .sln file in Visual Studio

197548-unitycertificatescreenshot.pngAfter creating a new certificate in my Unity project and building, I am unable to deploy my project via the .sln file in Visual Studio 2022. The error I continue to receive is “Certificate could not be opened: WSATestCertificate. The specified network password is not correct.” I had to set a password in Unity when I created the certificate, so I am confused as to the nature of the issue.

I’ve looked through previous discussions regarding this problem on a Visual Studio forum, however they were all using older versions of Visual Studio. One potential solution I tried is editing the password in the project (.targets) file, however it would not let me save the changes. I then submitted this issue to the VS forum, and they responded by saying “This specific WSA scenario is completely owned by Unity. So our recommendation is to open a ticket with them first.”

Any help would be very appreciated.

Same problem here… Any solution? @gbowenuri