Change the project font

I want to change the font for my game from the default Courier. I've imported the font I want without problem, but don't know how to use it.

So far all I have used a font for is to display the score using:

function OnGui () {
   GUI.Label(Rect(10, 10, 200, 50), "" + gameScore);
}

(Example given for how I'm using the font currently in case it is important. I'm not sure that this is even the best way, I got it from a video tutorial online)

I've got quite a bit of a level running, but something is just not clicking in my head about the GUI, or I'm missing something really simple that I have not found either here or through Google.

You need to make a new GUI skin

var mySkin : GUISkin;

function OnGui () {
   GUI.skin = mySkin;
   GUI.Label(Rect(10, 10, 200, 50), "" + gameScore);
}

or make a new GUI Style. (The default font is actually Arial I think.)

var myStyle : GUIStyle;

function OnGui () {
   GUI.Label(Rect(10, 10, 200, 50), "" + gameScore, myStyle);
}

To use a custom font do the following:

1: Copy the font to your project assets folder so it shows up in the Project list panel ( I think you have already done this based on your question ).

2: Select your GUIText in the hierarchy panel and look in the inspector,

3: Drag the imported font to the Font property of the GUIText

4: Expand the font in the Project panel then drag the font material to the Material property of your GUIText

The imported font should now be used in your GUIText. This way allows you to use different fonts, font colours/materials or sizes for different GUITexts. The answer above should allow you to set the default font for the whole project, but thought you might find this info useful as well.