Changing the Aspect Ratio During the Game

Hello everyone,

I would like to change the aspect ratio from free aspect to 5:4 during the game whenever the player collides with an object. The player automatically moves forward which is why the object (player) may collide with an object. I would like a link to point me in the right direction. I can’t find anything to get me started.

If anyone knows any methods that impair vision in someway I’d appreciate any of your knowledge. For example, narrowing vision, blurry vision, etc. I was thinking of reducing aspect ration during the game. If anyone knows another method to impair vision please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

To change the aspect ration and the resolution of the camera, have a look here :

1.camera.aspect

2.camera.SetRosolution

You can also manipulate the cameras field of view and achieve good results.

If you have Unity Pro, then you can check online for some image effects for blur, else for the Indie version you can consider this : Motion Blur. There are also other work-arounds for blur for Unity Indie.

For psychic effects, or memory disorientation kind of stuff, the dolly zoom works well too when done properly. Check out the dolly zoom script here.

There are other methods too, but I have to eat a burger now, so you can search for them :wink:

Hope this helped!

-Vatsal