I have an orthogonal camera and a plane object to simulate a 2D sprite.
- The plane has four vertices (0,0), (0,1), (1,1), (1,0)
- The plane has two triangles (0,1,2) and (0,2,3)
- This panel represents the main character. The origin of the main character object is directly below the character’s feet.
The problem is that when the origin of the main character goes off-screen, the whole character disappears. It reappears back when the origin is within view (eg. the camera catches up after falling down a ledge).
- The character has rigidbody, a box-collider with trigger and a few scripts.
- The textures are set to “unlit transparent”. I tried changing the texture to “diffuse” but the effect persists.