Character looking at right direction but the animation isn't

Hello people,

I am making a 2.5D game, the programming is going fine and all but I’ve found a big problem.
The thing is that the game is made to use the X and Y axis, until that point it’s fine and dandy but after going through Mixamo and making a random model and animations.
I set all the animations to work and they indeed do what they need to when asked but the thing is that my playing is looking right but the animation is floating and also looking into the Z axis instead of the X.

I didn’t know prior that the Z axis is forward and I guess that the animation is trying to look at the right place but in my case it’s not, I tried making empty objects and all but that doesn’t fix it.

If I rotate I can at least fix part of the problem, it will still float and look to the right but if I go left it will still face right.

I’m kinda hopeless right now as I still didn’t find a place with a clear solution.

Edit: I did manage to fix it with the help of a friend using this script

public class Rotate : MonoBehaviour {
bool isturned = false;

void Update () {

if(((Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftArrow)) || Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal") < 0 )&& isturned == false){
		transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 270, 0);
		isturned = true;
	}

else if (((Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.RightArrow)) || Input.GetAxis ("Horizontal") > 0 )&& isturned == true){
		transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 90, 0);
		isturned = false;
	}
}

}

This might help someone in need, however I still have the problem of the floating animation :confused: